Monday, October 11, 2010

The Design Dollies want some WOW...

How did you like my last color challenge, folks? Well, quite frankly, *I* loved it, and I certainly loved what I saw from all of you! WONDERFUL creations, and fabulous use of the colors (which, clearly, did not stump you at ALL). I ended up totally digging the brown, red, blue and ivory combination, and I think it's going to become a classy go-to combo for me in the future.

I must apologize, as I still have not been able to photograph the prize for my October challenges, but I have it all put together and ready, and I'll just tell you that it's a fabby little bunch of Little Yellow Bicycle goodies, courtesy of our very own Karen-Dollie! Lots of fun stuff (the papers are FABULOUS), and a great travel theme. I hope to be able to actually USE my camera sometime in the next couple of days, so I'll post some piccies as soon as I'm able.

NOW, the real reason you're all here! You want a new challenge? I'll GIVE YOU a new challenge! This one's probably one of the easier ones I've given in quite a while, so ENJOY!

PINK, TURQUOISE and WHITE


Told you it was an easy one! I doubt you'll need it, but I'm going to show you what our Dollies have done with this one, because I am just terribly excited about all the talent we have floating around our humble little Dollhouse! Take a look...

Dana (that artsy mama) gave us this FANTASTIC themed page (although I can't say I'm a fan of the subject matter) - the paper is ADORABLE, and her little lady is just the cutest thing...


I, Leah the Orange, made another Thank You card, as I seem to have many reasons for which to be thankful lately! (Dontcha just LOVE the De-Lovely line from Cosmo Cricket?!)


The uber-talented Karen went for uber-girlie and rocked these
colors with a gorgeous floral creation (the dragonfly is SO awesome!):


Are you inspirated? :)
Whatcha gonna do with this combination? I'm sure we Dollies will be impressed, and I can't wait to see your creations! So I'll let you get to it, and all you have to do is remember...

link up below with a NEWLY-CREATED PROJECT;
link BACK to the Dollhouse in your blog post;
combine with either or both of this week's upcoming challenges for more chances to win;
and do it by next SUNDAY, October 17th at midnight EST.
Off you go!




9 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome color combo! Great work, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is NO FAIR. I literally did a card last night that fits your challenge perfectly... :-) Don't worry, I'm not entering it...just sayin'
    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2010/10/jolly-by-golly-cosmo-cricket-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colors so nice
    I did it twice...

    thx for the inspo!
    http://freakalecias.blogspot.com/2010/10/turquoise-pink-and-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun and interesting choice of colors, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at Kelly's comment cuz I also dug out my Jolly By Golly to do double duty as well :) And hold on to your britches....i did a card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am SERIOUSLY digging the DT examples...and the other entries! i am hoping i have not strayed too far from the brief!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the TRIFECTA this week! 2nd picture is on the blog! :-)
    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2010/10/1968-pink-dolly-with-string.html

    ReplyDelete

The Design Dollies love to hear from fellow crafters - thank you for your feedback and comments! Come visit again soon!