Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Congrats to the MAY Color Challenge WINNER! and a new color combo!

It's crazy early on TUESDAY morning, and I do apologize for the delay in posting - some family DRAMA crept up and I'm just glad to have trudged through it today. Being a mom of a teen is TOUGH, lemme tell ya!

Well some people managed to squeak in a final project for last week's Color Challenge, and that's perfectly fine as Blogger has been acting like a bit of a royal TURD lately! I put all the names and entries into the randomizer and it spit out a winner....

Congrats to HEATHER GARL! She gave us this wonderfully creative page for the Blue, Green, Brown and White challenge:


Heather, please drop me (Leah) a line at spazzicassi@yahoo.ca and I will happily send out your Basic Grey prize pack so you can create some "offbeat" pages and cards like this one! :) Fabulous work - LOVED the way you created your scene, and thanks for playin' along!

Today, let's get the ball rollin' for JUNE (I love June!), with our very first color combo... I'll post a piccie of the new prize pack (and it's gonna be a good one, I promise!) later today, so check back to this very post for the edit!

Your first Color Challenge assignment.....
BROWN, YELLOW, WHITE, ROYAL BLUE:


And here's a little bit of inspiration to get you started!

Our Guest Dollie for June, VICKI, created this stunner of a layout of her sweet nephew:

The fabby Melissa brought the WOW factor with this page about her adorable lil' man (it reads "so lucky U love me"):

And me, your gracious hostess, Leah the Orange, with a simple card (I will likely be making many of these simple projects for an upcoming craft fair, so be forewarned!):

So, with those examples hurled at you, what kind of project will you share with us? It doesn't have to be a layout, or even a card. It can be anything you'd like as long as it's CRAFTY, and as long as it's NEW for this challenge! Don't forget to link back to the Dollhouse in your blog post, and link up by next SUNDAY, June 13th at midnight EST... We can't wait to see your gorgeous projects! Happy craftin', friends, and come back here later to see what you can win! :D



11 comments:

  1. Great work with the gorgeous layout Heather and I love that card Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Heather! That tree is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS Heather!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what everyone created for this challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree is seriously CUTE!! I missed ALL of the dollie challenges last week :( So look out world....I'm gettin em done this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Heather!

    Lovely pages DOllies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Heather!!!!
    Great color combo, I might be home in time to play along : )
    I just have to say that I love Leah's!!! Peter Pan is so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like these colours, a bit more subdued than I first thought. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Thanks so much! Looking forward to crafting up the next challenge and seeing all the creative entries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The DT did a fab job as always. These colors were harder then I thought they would be.

    Emily C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful examples by the DT and this challenge really pushed me. It is not a combo I would generally go for but it was LOTS of fun.
    I am entering my layout in the TRIFECTA - YAY, me :)

    ReplyDelete

The Design Dollies love to hear from fellow crafters - thank you for your feedback and comments! Come visit again soon!