Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Meet Karen

Hi everyone. I'm Karen. I live in South East Queensland, Australia, with my husband and 9 year old daughter. We are fortunate to have a 10 acre bush block surrounded by lots of wildlife.

I've been scrapping for almost six years, and in the past few years I've become more confident with cards and stamping too. I’m having fun trying to master the whole stamping-and-colouring thing but I think I’m getting better! Creating brings me peace - it relaxes me, but it energises me too. I'm addicted to challenges of any kind, and I’ve never met a colour combo that I wouldn't try.

My favourite techniques are distressing and machine stitching - I just love 'value-adding'.

My favourite thing about scrapping is that there's NO RULES - inside this quiet exterior lives a rebel ;)

I have a blog at beingkaren.blogspot.com I update every few days, sometimes daily, when I have new creations to share. I hop around the blog-o-sphere at an alarming rate, seeking out new challenges and inspiration. I hang out at a couple of online forums too.

But... my favourite challenge blog is right here - and I'm so thrilled to be on the Design Dollies team for the next six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Design Dollies love to hear from fellow crafters - thank you for your feedback and comments! Come visit again soon!