Sunday, December 24, 2006

Melissa

My name is Melissa, I am almost 42, was an accountant previous to having my little boy 3 years ago, I am now a Stay at home single mum, I have been scrapping since I was pregnant, I loved the idea of documenting Nate’s life and giving him an insight into what his mum was like also.

I just love everything about scrapbooking, cutting up those gorgeous papers (which only recently has become easier) I used to think I can’t cut this, but have realised I can most times get another piece later, my style is very hard to define, I sometimes love negative space and other times fill the page with embellishments, so I guess it must be a mood thing for me.

I was so fortunate to find Design Dollies through Sarah-Lou who was a guest designer with them, I immediately related to the sketches and enjoyed the different challenges they do and well when the DT call came, I thought wow – I would love to be on this great team.

I have just had several submissions accepted with Scrapbook Creations so this is all very exciting, my dreams have always been to be on a fantastic Design Team and be published, 2010 seems to have started wonderfully for me. I am so looking forward to being on the Design Team here, the inspiration I receive from all the wonderful entries and of course the amazing Design Team members makes me want to start creating straight away.

I hope I can give you some inspiration with my contributions to this fantastic Blog, keep in mind that I get just as much inspiration from your gorgeous designs also.

Melissa's personal blog can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Design Dollies love to hear from fellow crafters - thank you for your feedback and comments! Come visit again soon!