Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother...Goose Day!

In all the celebrations surrounding Mother's Day this year, it was interesting to note that it was ALSO Mother Goose day this past weekend... (random information, I know...). SO, in honor of Mother Goose day, I'd love to see your NURSERY RHYME inspired creations.
And as always, we have some AMAZING Dollie submissions for ya (along with a rhyme!)
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.

Metal_Minish
(who LITERALLY drew inspiration from a rhyme... and then drew this AMAZING character!)
Curly Locks, Curly Locks,
Will you be mine?
You shall not wash dishes,
Nor feed the swine,
But sit on a cushion
And sew a fine seam,
And sup upon strawberries,
Sugar, and cream.

Adina

Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee
Resolved to have a battle,
For Tweedle-dum said Tweedle-dee
Had spoiled his nice new rattle.

Just then flew by a monstrous crow,
As big as a tar barrel,
Which frightened both the heroes so,
They quite forgot their quarrel.

So now it's YOUR turn to find some inspiration in Nursery Rhyme classics! Remember to upload your projects via Mr. Linky by no later than midnight on Monday, May 17th in order to qualify for this month's Elements prize pack!


13 comments:

  1. oh my how fun! It will be very hard to chose one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so now it is in the right place!!! :oops:

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so much fun to do!! cant wait to see everyone's entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be my first Design dollie challenge. Hope i've done everything right.
    What a great challenge LOVE it.
    Can't wait to see others...
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this is so much fun!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one was so much fun and I have been wanting to use this pic for a while.I love the blue in it so I decided to title it little boy blue. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fabulous challenge! I went with Rock-a-bye-Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun challenge! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoyed doing this. thanks for the inspiration. didn't know that my son's Mother goose book will be very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I went outside the box (or bottle) on this one, so I hope it still qualifies! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! :):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just updated my link. The first one is just to my flickr page, but the second one is to my blog post. Both have links back to Design Dollies!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Design Dollies love to hear from fellow crafters - thank you for your feedback and comments! Come visit again soon!