Monday, May 3, 2010

APRIL Winner, and FIRST May Challenge!

It's a rainy, grey, HUMID Monday here in South Jersey. What a weekend, though! Temperatures were over NINETY degrees, plus loads of humidity. What's the weather like in your neck of the woods? Hopefully you've all enjoyed a restful weekend, ideally JAM-PACKED with crafty fun, and getting your Elements and Sketch challenges done, since you still have a WEE bit of time for those!

The April COLOR CHALLENGES, however, have wrapped, up, and we are SO pleased to have seen so many amazing creations from friends and visitors to the Dollhouse! :)

Out of 67 entries (WOO HOO!), I can't tell you how much TALENT and CREATIVE GENIUS we had floating throughout the blogosphere! But the gods (aka the randomizer at random.org) have spoken, and the winner of the April prize pack is the very LOYAL girl who gave us THIS little beauty:


Lucky #3 - TINA!
Congrats, girlie! If you'd be so kind as to EMAIL ME, Leah, with your snail mail addy, I will happily send your hard-earned prize out!

And it's time for us to kick things off for our MAY challenges (can you believe we're 1/3 of the way through 2010 already?!)...

Let's see what you can do with THIS tough combo:
PINK, CREAM and ORANGE


Yeah, I know... even *I* had issues with this one for some reason! And i love the pink and orange! I think the cream threw me off a bit. But my sister Dollies rocked it all, as always! Wanna see?

The brilliant KATE gave us this gorgeous page - yummy flowery goodness!

and our other Aussie-Dollie, Melissa, tossed in THIS piece of DELISH distressy genius:

and here's me, Leah the Orange, with my very humble card:



So I suppose you'll want to know what the prize will be for this month's Color Challenges, right? Oh, all right... How about this?


Basic Grey "Offbeat" 6x6 pad, chipboard letter stack (there are, like, a BAZILLION pieces in here!), brads (*I LOVE THIS LINE!*)
lengths of green leaves, green mini ball trim, blue and brown ribbon

So. If this appeals to you in any way, shape or form, you must PLAY WITH THE DOLLIES! Today is your first chance to get in on the action, so create a NEW project for this challenge, link it up below (the blog POST, not your general blog, please!), and be sure to link BACK to us in order to be eligible to win! You have until next SUNDAY, May 9th at midnight EST to play along for this one! Have fun, and happy crafting!

18 comments:

  1. oh WOW! those are some girl colors if I ever saw them! Yikes....lets see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, Tina!! AWESOME page!! That is definitely a TOUGH Color Combo, but I am up for the challenge!! Thanks Dollies!! Have a GREAT Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your site last night and am so excited to play along!! Love this colour challenge!! Great inspiration from the DT!! Congrats Tina!! Lovely LO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just so happened to make a card with this exact colour combo yesterday! Somebody was reading my mind! What an awesome way to start a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be tough. Hopefully I get to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow....NO WAY!!!! WOOO HOOO Thank you Randomizer God!!! LOL. I love this blog so much...but ya'll already know that....they can't get me to leave even after last call :)

    WOW....this time around orange, pink and cream?????? Ya'll are killin me.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Tina! Fab page :-) Another great colour combo Dollies!!! Will see what I can do for this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh congrats Tina beautiful work.

    I lov ethe new colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations tina!! gorgeous page! thanks for joining in with us !! loved doing this colour challenge cant wait to see what everyone comes up with :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh congrats Tina! Your LO is so pretty!

    LOVE all the DT samples...this color combo is going to be SO much fun to play with!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Tina :)

    Loving the new combo... and the Dollies rocked those colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Guys, yeh I thought this was a difficult colour combo too, but just get out some of these coloured papers and embellies and just play and it just seems to go together. Good luck and look forward to seeing your creatiions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just uploaded mine using both the sketch and the color scheme! Loved playing! Can't wait till next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just linked mine - thanks for another great challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just linked mine!!! It was easier than I thought!!! Loved this color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With all boys these color were definitely a challenge!!! The DT projects were fantastic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally forgot to link this... I loved this colour combo, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

The Design Dollies love to hear from fellow crafters - thank you for your feedback and comments! Come visit again soon!